An Intellectual Property Unit (IPU) is a cornerstone of innovation and creativity for universities and public research institutions (PRIs). It provides structure, predictability, and a framework for talented minds to do what they do best: innovate
Intellectual property (IP) plays an essential role in the teaching and research functions of universities and PRIs.
Main goals of MUHAS IP policy:
- Provide legal certainty.
- Promote scientific research and technological development.
- Encourage researchers to consider the possible opportunities for exploiting an invention so as to increase the potential flow of benefits to society.
- Provide an environment that supports and encourages innovation and development.
- Balance the various conflicting interests of universities, industry and society.
- Ensure compliance with applicable national laws and regulations.