RESEARCH ETHICS SHORT COURSE
Online via Zoom
Monday, September 21, 2020
Friday, September 25, 2020
A one-week Course on Research ethics designed to impart early career researchers with knowledge, skills and attitude regarding ethical issues related to research. Upon completion of this course graduates are expected to: recognize ethical challenges associated with research design, data collection, data analysis, and dissemination of research findings. Secondly, how to analyze ethical challenges and alternative ways to manage challenges, lastly, to be familiar with national and international research guidelines. The course will be administered by competent faculty members from Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS).
At the end of this course the participant is expected to;
- To be able to apply ethical theories and principles to inform policy and decision making process.
- To appraise research proposal and reports for ethical standards.
- To demonstrate knowledge of health and legal systems structure related to research regulation in Tanzania.
- History of biomedical research and research ethics
- Application of ethical principles in research.
- Informed consent in research
- Clinical trials
- Risk/benefit analysis in research
- Local and international research oversight
- Payments, inducements and coercion in research
- Conflict of interest in research
- Dissemination of research findings, incidental findings, and ancillary care
- Responsible research conduct.
- Bio-banks, secondary research and genetic research
Who should attend?
Preferably, Junior and Senior MUHAS staff and Students who have passion for Research Ethics, Others are Academicians, Researchers, Medical Doctors and Other relevant Professionals with at least a bachelor/equivalent levels education.
Mode of instruction
A combination of approaches will be used through this online training including: lectures, assignments, seminars, discussions, demonstrations role play, videos and case discussions.
This course will be delivered by highly qualified and experienced expertise in bioethics from within and outside the Country.
The Course will be offered for One week (working days) for not less than 20 hours full time online. The course will run from 21st to 25th September 2020.
A course fee of 300,000 TZS or 170 USD will be charged for Non- Tanzanians and non-MUHAS-affiliated applicants.
The course fee covers; Tuition fee, course materials and certificate
Control Number; 991540040687
A/C: 012105003582 for USD
041139000022 for TZS
SWIFT Code: NLCBTZTXXXX
Bank: NMB LTD
A/C: 20901100002 for Tzs
SWIFT Code: NMIBTZTZ
Number of course participants
We have limited number of spaces (30 participants allowed)
VENUE: This training will be conducted via the online platform, Zoom wherever you might be.
Certificates will be awarded after attaining a minimum requirement of the course by full participation online by 60% and scores 70% on post-test.
Mode of application
You can download the application Form in the University website fill and send them to
The subject should be; Research Ethics Course
NOTE: Please send your applications before 14th, September 2020. We have limited vacancies therefore the come first serve first basis will guide the selection process.